No announcement yet.

Oiling the boot leather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this one falls into the catagory of Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster, and the Burmuda Triangle...can't find the dang oil leak! Rode for over an hour in temperatures around 90 degrees, both highway and stop/go city and I found nothing, not even a little weeping. The motor was bone dry.

I have no clue what happened. I am beginning to think it was what Rick suggested...I must have hit some oil or something. This is the strangest thing I have ever had happen on this bike and I have had it for 22 years!

Suzuki GS1100E...Heal Thyself!!!!

Hap :?

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
      Suzuki GS1100E...Heal Thyself!!!!
      Can I get an Amen?? 8)

Comment

AMEN!!

Comment

I think I found the leak or at least the general area. It is coming from either the cam chain adjustor or the oil pickup for my top end oiler...more info as this issue develops...

Hap

Comment

Ah HA!!!! I was close when thinking it was where the oil sending unit is. Thats a hard place to see when the carbs are on. Hope you find it...I hate looking like a harley.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
              Ah HA!!!! I was close when thinking it was where the oil sending unit is. Thats a hard place to see when the carbs are on. Hope you find it...I hate looking like a harley.
              Looks like you might have nailed it Chris! I rode in to work today (first day without a major threat of storms) and to get to work I have to ride at or above 85 MPH to keep from getting run over on the Interstate. When I pull into a gas station to fill up I noticed some oil on the starter motor cover. I looked closer and could tell it was coming from either the adjuster or the pickup. Hopefully it will only be a gasket replacement...

hap

Comment

Working...
              X