Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you all use for adjusting fuel pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you all use for adjusting fuel pilot?

Iv'e seen the right angle screwdrivers, and wonder if it would be worth it to have. I keep getting HOT knuckles trying to adjust mine!

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
    Iv'e seen the right angle screwdrivers, and wonder if it would be worth it to have. I keep getting HOT knuckles trying to adjust mine!
    STOP playing with it! Its not really an "adjustable" thing. You set it, .75 turns or so out, and then work around IT. Playing with it and then playing with everything else will only complicate the situation. You're working in circles..

Comment

That's exactly it, now that everything else is in line, I know it running rich. Just trying to tweak them while the engine is warmed up is somewhat dangerous! It's SO close to being spot-on. Working unwittingly with a weak coil didn't help. I could have probably kept the points, but it's so nice to choke it and have it fire right up and go.

Comment

WHERE is it running rich???

Comment

right between 1/8 and 1/4. plus the whole high idle thing. I'm thinking that if the fuel screws are too far out, then the air screws would be too far out as well? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hope I'm on the right track. I KNOW 2G is way high for idle.

Comment

I bought a fancy MoPro 90 screwdriver, problem is the tip is too big Just set them at 5/8-3/4 out

Comment

4into 1

you know those red handled 4into1 screw drivers . you unplug the center shaft on either end you have two tips the small flat side fits under the carbs perfectly you can hold it up with one finger and twist it with the other hand

works for me, hope it helps

Comment

I use a screw driver bit from an electric drill - difficult not to get scalded on the inner carbs though.

On my 1979 GS750 with 4 in 1 header, unifilter in airbox and 15 pilots, 1.25 on fuel and 2 on air screws got the best performance and burn on colortune. They're obviously related however. When I first got the bike she bogged down bad at small throttle openings; fuel was at 0.75 and air at 1 - she idled good though. Tried many combinations til got her to what I consider to be as close as possible. Hard for me to plug chops though as burning a bit of oil through valve seals.
                1979 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                X