Air screw screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air screw screwed?

So I'm going through the carbs (83 850L) and notice I am missing the small washer that sits between the air screw spring and the O ring on #1 carb. Could (should) this cause rough running/other issues with performance, or is it of minor cruciality? If anyone has one of these carbs laying around junk and wants to send the washer, I would be eternally gratefull. No notation on the fische for the airscrew and assoc. parts...can't locate a # to order one. Thanks!

Originally posted by cranemonkey View Post
    So I'm going through the carbs (83 850L) and notice I am missing the small washer that sits between the air screw spring and the O ring on #1 carb. Could (should) this cause rough running/other issues with performance, or is it of minor cruciality? If anyone has one of these carbs laying around junk and wants to send the washer, I would be eternally gratefull. No notation on the fische for the airscrew and assoc. parts...can't locate a # to order one. Thanks!
    I think it's there to help squish the spring and keep it from smashing into and tearing the oring. I would make sure you have one in there. Are you sure it isn't still up inside the carb? Often times the washer and oring can stay up there when you remove the screw. Post in the parts wanted section..someone probably has one. Or check mcmaster-carr and similar places for a replacement.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Washer

I'm sure someone will offer up a washer. As far as your lack of a washer affecting the running condition of your carb...personally, I think it's zero; there's something else going on and it won't be as easy to remedy. (I wish I didn't know....but, I do.)
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I have one.
        I also need to send one I promised someone else.
        Pinch me so I remember. Been working too much.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I have a few spares as well. If Chef want's to keep his, PM me and i'll give you a few, just throw me a few bucks to cover shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            I have one.
            I also need to send one I promised someone else.
            Pinch me so I remember. Been working too much.
            Thanks-take a break!! Road Clam has me covered.

Comment

it seems like we all are just loving our p/o and the things that they forget/dont put back in carbs ..... i am in desperate need of the spring that fits in the air screw ...... p/o must have lost it (and as you know theyr is no part num or listing for it)

Comment

Originally posted by sk843143 View Post
                it seems like we all are just loving our p/o and the things that they forget/dont put back in carbs ..... i am in desperate need of the spring that fits in the air screw ...... p/o must have lost it (and as you know theyr is no part num or listing for it)
                What year bike?
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

dam i knew i forgot somthing (and it turns out that i forget that info often prolly should put it in my sig when i get time )

1980 gs 1100L so that would make them mukini bs34 carbs right ....

Comment

dam i knew i forgot somthing (and it turns out that i forget that info often prolly should put it in my sig when i get time )

1980 gs 1100L so that would make them mukini bs34 carbs right ....
                    Yup
                    You have the sixteen valve chain drive L model?
                    Koool
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

yea i love this bike and cant wait to get it back on the road. but for the life of me i cant find that spring anyware new and i realy dont want to buy a compleat carb to get it (will if i have to dont want to )

its my dd in the spring summer and fall (cant seem to put her away ) rode her in the snow last seasion (reasion imrebuilding the carbs cold air shoed the small grimmlens)

thax for any help

Comment

yea i love this bike and cant wait to get it back on the road. but for the life of me i cant find that spring anyware new and i realy dont want to buy a compleat carb to get it (will if i have to dont want to )

its my dd in the spring summer and fall (cant seem to put her away ) rode her in the snow last seasion (reasion imrebuilding the carbs cold air shoed the small grimmlens)

thax for any help
                        I sent you a PM saying I have one.

Comment

sorry didnt see that i had a pm

Comment

Working...
                          X