Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much gas cause bogginga and overflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
    Also, quick questions.

What instrument is best used for measuring the float height?

and, you measure the float height from the tip of the clip, to the bottom of the float bowl, with or without the gasket???

Thanks
    I use a digital caliper/Gasket off/I measure from the gasket surface to the stepdown on the float from the hinge.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

ok thank you

any1 know the answer to my previous previous post about the damages of too much gas?

Thanks

Comment

Check compression. If it's good and you don't smoke don't sweat it.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

i dont have a compression tester, should i just change the oil just to be safe?? its really not that hard, and i can do it pretty quickly

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
            i dont have a compression tester, should i just change the oil just to be safe?? its really not that hard, and i can do it pretty quickly

Thanks
            If it needs it?

Comment

ok i will check if the oil level is too high because of the excess gas, if so, then i will change it. if not, i will probably leave it be. as long as when i get the bike back together, i don't smoke.

Thanks to all who helped?

Any1 have any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
              X