Can I ride with no Rectifier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ride with no Rectifier.

I may have to take my bike to school on friday morning. It's pretty likely I won't have the Regulator/Rectifier on it by then. Do I just run the risk of draining the charge on the battery. Or is this going to lead to ruining my stator, or something.

Right now it has no R/R on it. and I can make sure the wires are covered.

That's a pretty sketchy situation. With no R/R any voltage from the stator goes straight into the battery (up to 75 volts) I wouldn't try it.

Comment

Your probably right.

My next thought would be to unhook the stator as we'll. What little sense I have though tells me to leave it alone. As luck would have it I'm back running again.

As I was typing that post about riding with no R/R a package was sitting on my counter. My wife said it was from our land lord so I paid it no mind. A little while later I looked at it. Holly poop a little gift from Nick Diaz. The R/R he promised to send me.

I ran out the the garage smiling from ear to ear and hooked it up. Ran the bike for atleast 2 min at 5000 rpm. I wouldn't have run it that long but the volts were climbing slowly. I figured we'll this is better than before. It ran right up to 16.... something with the old one on it. The one Nick sent me leveled off at 14.70v. So Im pretty sure I owe Nick $30.00. A bargain in my book. He's out of town till the end of July so I'll have to settle up then.

Does 14.70 sound good? I did the ohm test and didn't get any results I could go from. The running test seems ok though Right?

Comment

Glad to know the RR got to you safely, Chris, and that it seems to work fine.

Getting ready to drive to BWI to get on the 757 to Iceland, then Sweden.

Nick

Comment

14.7 is slightly high but perfectly fine for riding.

Comment

I did crank if for a while.

I did crank it for a while to get it up that high.

It didn't want to go up that high right away.

Comment

Working...
            X