1150 vs 750 exhaust gaskests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 vs 750 exhaust gaskests

I was putting the exhaust back on the 1150, and had some exhaust gaskets - the little rings you put in before the headers - laying around from my 750T that I'd ordered but never installed. Putting them up to one another, they are the same width and diameter as the old ones that were in the 1150.

That doesn't seem right, does it? The 1150 used to have a V&H 4-1 on it, and now I'm putting on an OEM.

What's the deal? Does the V&H take a smaller gasket, or do I blame the PO again?

/UM

I would think those gaskets are exactly the same Mike regardless of what exhaust is being used.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Even between the 750 and the 1150? Even though the exhaust diameters are different?

Comment

Part numbers are all the same...

Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
          Even between the 750 and the 1150? Even though the exhaust diameters are different?
          Mike, I just checked the online drawings at partshark and the part numbers for exhaust gaskets on an '84 1150 and an '82 750E are the same...
          So ya, probably all the 750s, 1100s and 1150s are the same...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Dang...got there first...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm quicker now that I'm riding the 1150 than I was with the 750.

Comment

same stuff.
                i believe the 400 twin gaskets are the same also.

Comment

Working...
                X