Carb settings for the Mikuni BS32SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb settings for the Mikuni BS32SS

I have a 1982 Suzuki GS550L with BS32SS carbs and need to know the correct setting for these carbs. The carb on the left(shifter side) has a needle , what is the correct amount of turns out from closed? 1 turn , 2 turns? This is the needle I can't seem to get set right. Thanks for any help.

Jerry

2 turns out should be a good starting point. small adjustments from there.

Comment

Mikuni BS32SS Carbs

AOD , Thanks for the quick reply.Now I have starting point.

Jerry

Comment

hey there, you may have better luck with 3.5 turns out, if you have a stock carb set up, at least that is what the factory manuels sez for your 82 550 ( i just looked it up).

hope this helps

ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Mikuni BS32SS Carbs

Thanks for all the replys.Your right about the 3.5 turns I finally found it in my book.A few days ago I found where one of my Pipe intakes had a big tear in the rubber so I replaced it with a new one. Then tonight while trying to get this carb set up right I see a big tear in the Pipe intake on the carb I'am trying to setup no wonder I could'nt get it to run right with all the extra air coming in.Just bought this bike the guy sure had all this stuff hidden until I got it home to look alittle closer. Thanks again, Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X