Improving ergonomics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadimg View Post
    Just got the rearsets today. Unfortunately, they don't fit. Seems like the Tarozzi rearset for 1978-1980 GS1000 is not inclusive of the GS 1000 G. Now I have to try to return them without paying the 20% restocking fee. Any options for the "G"?
    Where did you get them from? I got mine from Fastfromthepast. Jim is a good guy and will work with you to get parts that fit. From my experience, working the the Italian factory is a bit of a challenge. The parts shown on their parts diagrams don't always look like that in real life. I have an "S" and ended up sending Jim my OEM brake arm so that he could fit it. To his credit, he did so. I also needed an arm for the shifter side that did not come with the kit and he supplied that at no cost. If you ordered from him, he will make it right with you. He is one of the better aftermarket distributors I've worked with.

I wouldn't give up yet. If the peg mounts fit your frame, they probably have the other parts needed to fit your bike, but you will likely have to do some extra homework to get everything together.

Good luck.

Bob

Comment

Or, try a windshield. Even small ones reduce wind pressure immensely, and make sitting upright comfortable. I'm partial to shields made by National Cycle.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

The problem is that the peg mounts don't fit, the swingarm gets in the way. I would have to fabricate a mounting plate, which is the whole reason I bought the Tarozzi set in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by vadimg View Post
          The problem is that the peg mounts don't fit, the swingarm gets in the way. I would have to fabricate a mounting plate, which is the whole reason I bought the Tarozzi set in the first place.
          Well now, that is clearly a different issue than the one I had. I don't know how much difference there is between frame mounting points for different models. Others on this board are far more informed about that than I am. Can you post a pic of your OEM set-up? That might stimulate some ideas from others.

Comment

Working...
          X