Highway bars for GS1100GL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway bars for GS1100GL?

Proving once again how little I know, are these crash guards or highway bars or both?

Link Here Not that I think this one is a match for my bike, but just wondering what it woudl do.

If you can see from the pics in my signature, it seems someone had something similar mounted on my bike at one time.

I don't want anything which will keep me from leaning the bike over any more than my right peg and 4-1 exhaust is already limiting, as I assume the crash guard would do.

I'm hoping for some cheap piece where I can stretch my legs/knees a bit and can use the crash guard mounting points.

(no I have not actually sat on the bike and tried to put my legs in to the mounting points but it looks good from here. :-)

Those are case guards.. I have seen those new and come with a set of pegs to attach.. altho not real practical to use that way.
    I have a set on my bike btw...
    Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2009, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Check MC Enterprises or Drag Specialties, they have some highway pegs (o-ring type) that will fit on the crash bars. You have to add some washers so they mount better but they work pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Aholic View Post
        Check MC Enterprises or Drag Specialties, they have some highway pegs (o-ring type) that will fit on the crash bars. ...
        You can't really see the o-rings in these pictures, but this is how they can look when mounted.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          You can't really see the o-rings in these pictures, but this is how they can look when mounted.
          Interesting! It looks I could rest my calves on those to stretch out the legs(?)

Comment

Working...
          X