Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal jetting for '80 GS550L with pods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal jetting for '80 GS550L with pods???

The title says it all. Can anybody with experience with this bike tell me what the ideal sizes are for the pilot and main, and to what extent will shimming the needle help?

Thanks in advance!

-Dan

What kind of pods and are you running the stock exhaust?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by masaruproject View Post
      The title says it all. Can anybody with experience with this bike tell me what the ideal sizes are for the pilot and main, and to what extent will shimming the needle help?

Thanks in advance!

-Dan
      The ideal jetting is NOT running pods. If you INSIST on running pods, buy a Dynojet kit. Spend the money, do it right, or dont do it. You cant get the bike to run correctly with pods without a DJ or Factory Pro kit, or without spending a RETARDED amount of time toying around with a set up that wasnt designed to do what you're attempting to do. The jets are not the important part, the NEEDLE is. I dont think any amount of reliable shimming can be done to the stock needles to get it to work correctly. But, this is just my point of view, and it probably wont stop you anyway.

Comment

Gotcha, CafeKid. Just toying around with the old jets after the rebuild, is all.

I assume the proper dynojet kit is for the 82 GS550 Katana? I'm still not crystal on this point.

-Dan

Comment

Working...
        X