Heel Toe Shifter / Floorboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heel Toe Shifter / Floorboards

Just wondering if anyone here has a Heel/Toe Shifter and/or Floorboards on their GS 850/1000/1100?

I've got a set that I bought off eBay. The Shifter and brake pedal seem to be home made add ons.( possibly the mounting frames for the 'Boards too)

If anyone has this type of setup and could post, or email, me some pictures I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

I've seen those on Ebay and said to myself hummmmmmm! There is always a possibility that a set of floorboards and shifter from a Kawasaki 1000 police bike could be adapted to fit a GS. The engine and frame arrangements on them are somewhat similar. Is is possible to locate a Kawasaki police bike somewhere and check it out? They haven't changed them basically since the early 80's.

Comment

I have a set on mine will take some pictures tomorrow and post

Comment

I posted some pix's
        http://www.Lynn'sGSpix@groups.msn.com/LynnsGSpix/shoebox.msnw

Comment

I have to ask: What is the story with that sidecar? That thing's something else!

Comment

Someone across the water may know more about the side car. It is a picture that I took at the Triumph 100 yr Celebration in Pasadena Ca It was some kind of Taxi, was being moved by a 650 Tri with an OLD leading link front end

Comment

Lynn

Thanks for the pictures. My home monitor isn't very good so I'll get a better look at them later today at work

Scott

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion Not too many of those around here but I'll keep my eyes open. I've noticed that Suzukis and Kaws share some parts-my 77 GS550 can use front sprockets for a Kaw. In fact, the last time I replaced it, Dennis Kirk didn't have the part in stock so they substituted one for a Kawasaki works great

Again, Thanks for the input

Scott

Comment

Working...
                X