She runs!! sorta...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She runs!! sorta...

Got the carbs back with no leaks, put them on, got her running on full choke, won't take throttle. I'm thinking maybe cuz i have no filters on the carbs? Seems to wanna run better when I put my fingers over the carb throats, so I'm assuming the filters would make a big difference. (they haven't come in yet) There is a dynojet installed with 138 main jets.

If you have that bike jetted for pods it should run w/out them. When I run my bike at the track I pull off the pods.
    Either your slides were drilled wrong, sticking or the clip is off on the needles.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Wonderful, I have the stock exhaust on it right now, until I can get a pipe, and the 138's are s'posed to be for pods and a pipe. I'm not sure I should start messing with the needle or anything for that matter until I get a pipe on it. You figure maybe the needles didn't get drilled through all the way? Had the suzuki shop do them, I was skeered.

Comment

Originally posted by mistertoadie View Post
        Wonderful, I have the stock exhaust on it right now, until I can get a pipe, and the 138's are s'posed to be for pods and a pipe. I'm not sure I should start messing with the needle or anything for that matter until I get a pipe on it. You figure maybe the needles didn't get drilled through all the way? Had the suzuki shop do them, I was skeered.
        I couldn't say.
        I'd try the 132 main jet with the stock pipe and pods. The needle should be on the third to fourth notch up from the bottom.
        Last edited by chef1366; 07-17-2009, 01:16 AM.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by mistertoadie View Post
          You figure maybe the needles didn't get drilled through all the way? Had the suzuki shop do them, I was skeered.
          What do you mean the needles didn't get drill through all the way? You did drill the correct holes didn't you.!!!!

Comment

like I said in your quote of my post Don, The suzuki shop did them. Just got home from an 18 hour shift and I'm not even gonna approach the garage tonight. Prolly be out in the boat all day tomorrow, so tomorrow afternoon I'll be pulling them apart to see what's up inside.

Comment

Working...
            X