exhaust fitment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust fitment question

Hey I am looking to find a 4-1 exhausts for my 650g. And I'm wondering what other models will have the same set up and fit mine as an alternative. What other models have the same specs as the 650g?

get a dennis kirk catalog,and theyll show model and years on most of them, if not all, for vance and hines,and jardine
    there is a pipe on ebay for it chk it out

Comment

Anybody know which GS models have the same exhaust fitment as the 650? Or can you point me to the right source for this?

Comment

V&H doesn't list that model. Best bet is probably going to be to find out the port spacing. If that is the same as the 850 or another model, if the headers will fit you can probably make the rest of it fit (with fabrication). Just not as much out there for the smaller bikes.

Comment

Ive said this, as have others, 9845040950495094950984 times. The ports on ALL of the GS models are the same distance. The only models that differ are the 83 and on 700/750 and 550 as they have smaller diameter ports. The difference in all of the pipes are where the rear mount is. Each bike is different, i would assume that no other model will be a direct fit, but this can be overcome by simple bracketry work.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Ive said this, as have others, 9845040950495094950984 times. The ports on ALL of the GS models are the same distance. The only models that differ are the 83 and on 700/750 and 550 as they have smaller diameter ports.
            Are you sure about this Josh? The 550 and 650 engine is quite a bit smaller than the larger 750/850/1000/1100 engines.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              Are you sure about this Josh? The 550 and 650 engine is quite a bit smaller than the larger 750/850/1000/1100 engines.
              I've heard that the G motors are spaced differently than the E.

BTW TCK, still waiting on pics of your kerker, unless you're not looking to get rid of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                Get out your tape measure Ed. The carbs fit from 750/850 to 550, so the ports are the same there, no reason to think they'd be different on the exhaust side. I cant say as ive ever PHYSICALLY done it to a 550, or a 650, but ive used 750 carbs on a 550 without changing the rack. I KNOW that 750, 850, 1000, 1100 and 1150 are direct swaps. If i had a 550 (which I will soon) or a 650, id do it, just to show myself, but, as I said, it stands to reason if the carbs fit, the exhaust will too...

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
                  I've heard that the G motors are spaced differently than the E.

BTW TCK, still waiting on pics of your kerker, unless you're not looking to get rid of it now.

You've heard wrong. They may be just a SLIGHT bit different, but so small it wouldnt matter. Ive swapped em around all day on my 750 headers and the 1100 just goofing off. As for the pics, I will get em when I can. Honestly its not all that high on my list of priorities right now, not to be snide or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    You've heard wrong. They may be just a SLIGHT bit different, but so small it wouldnt matter. Ive swapped em around all day on my 750 headers and the 1100 just goofing off. As for the pics, I will get em when I can. Honestly its not all that high on my list of priorities right now, not to be snide or anything.
                    No big deal... I thought you had them already or were wanting to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
                      No big deal... I thought you had them already or were wanting to get to it.
                      I will do my best to get you some pics before I leave for WV bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X