Progressive, Ikon or Works performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive, Ikon or Works performance

I am in need of some new rear shocks...... Any recommendations?
    Has anyone ordered from Works? How much are their lower end street shocks? Are there any manufacturers that I've missed?
    TIA,
    -Tim

Hagon (who used to be Girling): http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/

These may well be the least expensive shocks you can get but they are pretty good. Call them when you order and they'll offer you a few options in terms of how hard or soft the shocks are sprung. Make sure they leave off the VAT tax of 17.5% since you are in the USA. Last time I priced works shocks, I think a set of piggybacks for an older Suzuki were about $450 or so and regular shocks were somewhere in the $200 ranges (the upper end). Works does make a very good shock absorber....

Comment

I've had real good luck with Progressive shocks on a couple of bikes in the past.

Comment

ikon- koni

Ikons are apparently the old Konis now made in Aus. The Konis (adjustable damping) I have had on my Kat for the last 5 years work great. I wonder if the Ikon people are doing as good a job.
        suzookeeper ger

Comment

I mounted Progressives last year.
          So far, great. No leaks, no problems.
          I have the 170/210 springs. I'm about 265lbs.
          My wife rides about 1/2 the time with me.
          She noticed a big difference in the ride and the way the bike handled.

I got the black model with black springs........sorry I forget the specific model.
          My friend that owns a parts/clothing shop gave me a really good deal.

Keith
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

This guy used to work for Girling and now produces his own line.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions...... I think I'm leaning towards the Ikons as they are the only ones with user adjustable rebound damping. At least the only ones in my price range :roll: .......

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
                Thanks for the suggestions...... I think I'm leaning towards the Ikons as they are the only ones with user adjustable rebound damping. At least the only ones in my price range :roll: .......
                Good move mate, the Ikons are made in Albury NSW, not far from where I live in Melbourne, and are readily available here from around US $200.00 per pair. For twin shock japanese bikes they make the old Koni 7610 with adjustable damping and rebound, and a non adjustable damping economy model, both look pretty good.

I'll probably buy a set for my other GS1000 when it's a little closer to completion, then I'll be able to compare them to the Koni's on my ST.

I've used Koni's on probably 25 of the bikes I've owned over the last 34 years, and think they are probably the best shock around for the money but was disappointed to hear that they no longer produce bike shocks, so was happy to hear that they are now made here in Australia under the Ikon lable. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                X