How much, Brake pads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Ed Nessism, so I lie a lot.

You're right -- I buy cheap because I'm a cheap son of a bitch, and I'm proud of that!

That's why I can't tell the difference between sintered and not. All I know is whatever I bought worked.

And please, Ed Nessism, stop accusing me of being inconsistent. Besides being a cheap SOB, I'm also an inconsistent SOB. Guilty as charged.

So I'm telling the originator of this thread to buy whatever the hell he wants and stop worrying about what is what. As long as the pads are cheap and they fit, they're the right pad.

Cheap SOB Grandpa Nick, (as usual, confusing the issue)
    Middletown, MD

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I glue brillo pads on my old worn out brakes.
      I just saw a great deal on these Brillo pads on eBay. Hurry and get them before Nessism outbids you!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
        I just saw a great deal on these Brillo pads on eBay. Hurry and get them before Nessism outbids you!
        I was more worried about you.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'm stocked up on brake pads so no worry. Rusty Bronco hooked me up with a link from ebay for some Ferodo Platinum pads for $10/set - I bought several in the best Grandpa tradition. See, some people do listen to your advice about buying cheap on ebay...I just don't buy sintered pads.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            I'm stocked up on brake pads so no worry. Rusty Bronco hooked me up with a link from ebay for some Ferodo Platinum pads for $10/set - I bought several in the best Grandpa tradition. See, some people do listen to your advice about buying cheap on ebay...I just don't buy sintered pads.
            I'm flattered, Ed! It's been a pleasure sparring with you today!

Nick Diaz
            Middletown, MD

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              I glue brillo pads on my old worn out brakes.
              The square ones or the rounds ones ?

Comment

Originally posted by errorcauser View Post
                I get the ones with the soap built in. Helps keep the calipers, rotors and wheels nice and clean when it rains

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  I get the ones with the soap built in. Helps keep the calipers, rotors and wheels nice and clean when it rains
                  Well, thats solved my dirty wheel problems....Im there dude !

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    The soapy ones were going for $7.42 per set on eBay the other day.

Josh, what kind of soap? Dishwashing? Laundry? Which works best on the GS? How does that affect the bike's smell after it rains?

Comment

Originally posted by errorcauser View Post
                      The round ones are SOS pads. They work with the earlier models.
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The soapy ones were going for $7.42 per set on eBay the other day.

Josh, what kind of soap? Dishwashing? Laundry? Which works best on the GS? How does that affect the bike's smell after it rains?
                        No Nick, they're loaded with dry cleanser, from the factory! Even BETTER!! Not sure the chemical makeup on em, but it smells meadow fresh in the rain!

Seriously tho, I must say that I have been using McGwiers (SP) cleaner/polish on my case covers, just to keep the black looking nice and shiney. It does a fantastic job, and it actually DOES smell good when the bike is warm. Kinda like coca butter or vanilla or something like that... LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X