82 650E dyna s fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 650E dyna s fit?

so they dont make a specific one for my model but im sure theres some way i can fit a dyna s ignition system on my bike.

any help would be most appreciated. I will also continue to search the forums for my answers as well

I have a dyna III on my 650. The problem is oil pressure sender.. I just took the pickup plate and ground off just enough to make it clear the sender.. Dont know if the dyna S backing plate would allow that, but for sure the dyna III will.

Dont have a pic of it mounted... but if you look closely at it in the pic... you can see the piece I removed to make it able to fit.

Hope this helps

Comment

Call Dynatek http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/Default.aspx
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

already called dna.. all they say is we dont have something to fit my model

Comment

I had called dyna too. Even spoke with a guy in the tech dept.... I asked if there were any mods that he knew of to make it work on my 650.... he said no. I talked to him again afterwards and told him about the mod and he said thats great(didnt seem to care)lol... I asked why doesnt dyna just notch all of them and that way it would work for all the gs motors, instead of all but the 650. He said there isnt enough 650's out there to justify the change in production.. its just a little notch, then they could sell it to all the 650 guys too without having to do a mod on it.

My mod works fine..... has been on there for like 4 years, with not a single problem. It is super easy. If someone has a picture of the backside of the dyna S, I could tell if the mod would work on it like the dyna III.

Comment

Well it looks like with a Dremmel you're right as rain.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

hmm thanks for the info..

I will look more into this

Comment

Hell yea... So the dyna s ignition is going to work on my 650E.. I will post anything i can once its finished

on top of that im getting a spankin new one for just under 100 bucks

Comment

The "E" and "G" 650 models are completely different engines. The "E" has the oil switch in the traditional position behind the cylinders on top of the transmission housing. While the "G" has the shell bearings, high pressure oil sysyem with the oil switch tucked in behind the ignition switching module on the lower right hand side of the motor. If you have an "E" model then you will not require the notch in the module plate.

Comment

thank you good sir

Comment

Working...
                    X