hoses underneath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoses underneath

are there supposed to be hoses underneath my bike? are there breather hoses? do i need to look anything up? j/w?

Those should be carb overflow hoses. And they are suppose to be there.

Comment

Hi,

There are drain hoses for the battery and the fuel gauge send unit (on the bottom of the gas tank). There are 2 vent hoses for your carbs that should be draped over the airbox. Check my website for pictures and guides like "Where do these hoses go?"

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by heathen View Post
        Those should be carb overflow hoses. And they are suppose to be there.
        Carb overflow hoses only exist on the VM carbs, which your bike does not have.
        However, as BassCliff mentioned, you should have a battery vent hose and the fuel gauge sending unit safety drain hose.

And please pardon my ignorance ... what does "j/w" mean?
        Some of us old guys are not into all the texting shortcuts and just don't know all the lingo.
        We are not paying for messages by the letter, so it makes no sense to me to use the cryptic notation.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

hey steve,

that "lingo" there means just wondering. Myself being a teen, it can be second nature to just ramble and scribble some random letters.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Carb overflow hoses only exist on the VM carbs, which your bike does not have.
            However, as BassCliff mentioned, you should have a battery vent hose and the fuel gauge sending unit safety drain hose.

And please pardon my ignorance ... what does "j/w" mean?
            Some of us old guys are not into all the texting shortcuts and just don't know all the lingo.
            We are not paying for messages by the letter, so it makes no sense to me to use the cryptic notation.

Steve, LG put this out partly as a joke, but I've found it invaluable. Use with caution, overuse will have you sounding hip or trendy.

Enjoy!

Josh

Edit: Tested "j/w" - "jw" also works for the same result. NBFAB, ay?
            Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coolksprt View Post
              hey steve,

that "lingo" there means just wondering. Myself being a teen, it can be second nature to just ramble and scribble some random letters.

Kev
              Thanks for the explaination. I vaguely remember beeing a teen.
              My older son has not been a teen for several years, the younger son is in his last year as a teenager.

Originally posted by Roostabunny View Post
              Steve, LG put this out partly as a joke, but I've found it invaluable. Use with caution, overuse will have you sounding hip or trendy.

Enjoy!

Josh
              Thanks, I will have to bookmark that for future reference.

I fully understand the need/desire to use shortcuts when texting, as it simply uses fewer keystrokes, making it quicker. It also has the added advantage of being a "secret code" to keep us old fogies in the dark. However, I also understand and fully support the need for effective communication. There have been a couple of polls on this board asking about our ages. I found it amusing that many (most?) of us are probably old enough that we might have had these bikes as young adults. Therefore, we also probably don't have a clue what many of the texting shortcuts mean.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

the airbox has one drain house underneath it. One end is flared open and this end fits onto he nipple of the box. The other end is a smaller diameter.
                1979 GS850G
                2004 SV650N track bike
                2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
                  the airbox has one drain house underneath it. One end is flared open and this end fits onto he nipple of the box. The other end is a smaller diameter.
                  Oops, I forgot about that one. Thanks Mr. tas850G!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

for the record, im still young(23), but gettin older, i didnt even have a cell phone untill i met my wife. I dont even get some of the "lingo" but some of it has somehow become second nature for me. its almost sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X