No announcement yet.

GSXR tach to Gs wiring question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just wanted to show off that sweet Train light.......I have a fairing ordered should be here in a day or two......I guess Im gonna attack my 530 conversion in the meantime........

Im thinking if the speedo cable spins with the front tire, it should spin the gixxer speedo right? ( I understand the spped should be off).....So if its not spinning its gonna be a problem in the gixxer speedo more then likely???

Chef, you were so close LOL
    Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    FYI,
    I know this doesn't help the wiring or speedo problem but my solution to the ugly back of guages problem on by 86 Gixxer 1100 with 91 Gixxer 1100 guages is a Ducatti headlamp fairing to fit the 8"train light from an ED,

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxvw View Post
      You just wanted to show off that sweet Train light.......

Im thinking if the speedo cable spins with the front tire, it should spin the gixxer speedo right? ( I understand the spped should be off).....So if its not spinning its gonna be a problem in the gixxer speedo more then likely???

Chef, you were so close LOL
      Well that also ; actually I was considering making a small guage housing out of fiberglass before I chucked the idea and just did the fairing.
      You should be able to spin the input of the speedo with an electric drill and see that the needle will move.

What gages are you using?
      Last edited by posplayr; 07-23-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

What gages are you using?
        Well they were listed as 97 gsxr 750 gauges, but I believe they are more like 94-95 gauges maybe earlier.......

I will check out the drill rig as well........One cool note.....Note sure if this was smart or not, but the gixxer gauges had the oil temp gauge, so I wired my gas tank sending unit to that gauge, funny thing is the tank is half full and it registers in the middle of the temp gauge LOL, if I lean the bike the needle drops as it should etc......

So Im going to change the Hot (H) and Cold (C) on the gauge to F + E, and going to paint out the word temp and repaint fuel ( actuall black out and use small vinyl decals) Should look good

Here is a pic of the gauges.....Not to bad for an ebay buy of $35 LOL

Comment

OK I see what you are dealing with. Notice that tach goes a bit above redline for your GS. The 1100's have a lower range. I have a spare set of guages (might be 1100) I bought for cheap to use the water temp and convert to oil temp for the GSXR with 90-91 guages (it only has a 180 speedo and teh tach matchs the motor redline).

If you open up your fuel guage you will see some resistors on the periphery that could be swapped out. In the manual you will see that all the early GS fuel guages, temp sensors and later GSXR water sensors use the same sensor topology for guages.

I have not derived the circuit equations yet, but I think that you can probably change out the resistor values to get the sensor you already have to scale the guage properly.

basically sensors have a scaling, and the guages are scaled to match.

Comment

Working...
          X