No announcement yet.

Reg/rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the pop gets its scouring power from some mild acid thats in the concoction.
    That would be phosphoric acid.
    1979 GS850G
    2004 SV650N track bike
    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
      I was advised by duaneage to connect my ground (green) wire to the bike frame instead of the battery (-). It worked for me.
      Personally, I like to have only ONE connection on each terminal of the battery.
      I tend to make all my extra connections for accessories at the other end of that first wire.
      On the positive side, I take power off the starter solenoid.
      On the negative side, I connect to the chassis, at the same point that the battery is grounded to it.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
        I found the ignition switches on many GS bikes to have dirty contacts inside that drop voltage. Cleaning the electrical contacts with a cleaning spray is a good idea. I took a 650L from 9.5 on the coils to around 12.5 on battery alone by cleaning that switch. Access it from underneath or remove it completely to grease the mechanism as well. It rides up front and may have thousands of miles of crud inside.
        I found the sense wire I had connected from the fuse box (for my Honda R/R) was (still is) a half volt less than the battery. So I took the ignition switch out to ponder the possibility of taking it apart to clean it. For those who want to indulge in this, be forwarned: like most Suzuki switches, there are springs and a ball just waiting to explode all over your shop floor!! note however, that it is very easy to figure out what goes where, once you find all the parts!. There is a total of 4 springs, one ball, 3 little copper contacts similar to what you would find in the brake switches, and a white 'cap' (it makes the 'step' when you move the key to different positions). One ball, a spring, and the plastic 'cap' go together, and the other 3 springs and copper contacts go together. All in all, it was easy to remove everything and clean it, add Di-grease and put it all back together. In my case, I still have the .5v loss, but it was pretty cruddy in the switch, and I am satisfied that no other issues will come from there.

Comment

Working...
        X