Carb ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb ID

Can anyone tell from this pic if these are BS34SS carbs? Supposedly, they came off an '80 1000G.

Thanks.

The choke linkage looks the same as the mikuni carbs on my 1980 GS750L, which are BS32's. It is very possible, do you have any more pictures?

Comment

Can't go by just the choke linkage, need a better measurement on the throat.

Can't tell if the left edge of the ruler is at the edge of the throat, and can't read the right side too well, either.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
        The choke linkage looks the same as the mikuni carbs on my 1980 GS750L, which are BS32's. It is very possible, do you have any more pictures?
        This is the only other one I have. It doesn't really show the linkage very well. Does this help?

Comment

They are definitely mikunis. They didn't come from a 1980 750 because notice that the intake manifold has an o-ring (750's don't use o-rings). Could be an 850 or 1000, you would need to measure the intake's to be sure.

Comment

Yup, Mikuni 34mm carbs.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              Yup, Mikuni 34mm carbs.
              Yup..off a 1000E/G/L or 1100G/L with those intake boots. These WILL NOT bolt up to a 16v 1100 motor without some jetting changes. I do believe the 8V 34s used larger mains, pilots and air correctors. These would all need to be changed out. You might double check the needle type as well.. they may have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Yup..off a 1000E/G/L or 1100G/L with those intake boots. These WILL NOT bolt up to a 16v 1100 motor without some jetting changes. I do believe the 8V 34s used larger mains, pilots and air correctors. These would all need to be changed out. You might double check the needle type as well.. they may have been different.
                Thanks guys. By inference then, they would fit a stock 1000S? Would the performance be significantly better/worse than 29mm smoothbores?

Comment

Working...
                X