Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway Pegs for GS1100

Hey guys and gals,
    Does anyone know of a feasible option for adding highway pegs to an 82 GS1100? I can not find any highway or crash bars for it.. I have put a threaded rod through the top motor mount bolts on the front frme tube, and affixed a set of universal pegs to them. But they do not see very sturdy. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Also, every Tuesday night, they have bike night at the Sonic Drive In in Sachse (a little town near Dallas). I noticed an older GS750 there.. I did not get to talk to the guy, but was wondering if anyone else has been to that little "bike show" out there ??

Check Ebay that is where i got my bars and my Highway pegs.......It is nice to stretch your legs out

Comment

If you can find a set of crash bars putting a set of those clamp on pegs would be easily done. I have also seen several sets on ebay cheap. J C Whitney may also carry them.

Comment

Highway Pegs

Can anyone tell me if these would fit my scooter??

Looks like they might, but not sure...

Comment

Just guessing from looking at my wifes 550 with the same bar and my 82 1100 you would have to make adapters. There is a pretty good size difference. Bill

Comment

Those are different than the ones that are on mine, Mine actually mount differently.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQDYAgcZYxcsBsv1KnQcvFehJZuqk2SRhvxYJlMueE8snDWaq !fo*KlzYsMzU2zos006ULJZ6rs2hQSOM5zEy0p0kOAQVUil!rT vMYRiK5gE2VEE!jreYtF*Xqe5n5SY/spring%20polish.JPG?dc=4675421825664347954[/img]

Mine mount from the sides and the bottom to the frame,and then thru the top section with a long bolt.

Comment

Dang Micheal thats a nice bike!!!!

Comment

Why thanks Chris!!

Appreciate it.

Comment

Nice Bike Michael !!!

Now, where did those bars come from??
                  Do you remember the ordering number or anything??
                  That looks like exactly what I want !!

Comment

Been three years or so

I will have to try and remember for you. I will do some research.

Comment

Working...
                    X