Real Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Gaskets

Anybody know if any of the valve-cover gaskets on the Real Gasket site will work on an 84 GS1150EF?

It's not listed.

Cheers,

Alex

not sure they make them, but more 16V 1100/750 have had problems due to the mechanical tach drive spacing of gears due to stack height of the gasket. The 1150's are electronic tach so just a mention.

Comment

thanks for the tip!

I'll have to look into that space issue. My valve cover gasket has sprung a leak which gets worse when the engine is warm, so I need to take care of it.

Comment

Yeah, the RealGaskets work great on the 8V engines, but there have been issues with the 16V engines (and a few others with the tach drive in the valve cover.)

Also, the 16V gasket mating surfaces are more intricate and a little more narrow than the 8V engines, so that's been a problem too.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by satchmo View Post
          Anybody know if any of the valve-cover gaskets on the Real Gasket site will work on an 84 GS1150EF?

It's not listed.

Cheers,

Alex

wait a minute
          your back from london
          you have been missign for months
          you have an 1150
          good god thats a hell of a bike

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
            wait a minute
            your back from london
            you have been missign for months
            you have an 1150
            good god thats a hell of a bike
            Yep, got back from London a few months ago, been looking for work and apartment and all the usual things, I've also been doing a fair amount riding -- free motorcycle parking in Toronto is nice.

If you're ever out this way give me a shout!

Comment

I have a realgasket on my GS1000G - went for a stock on the 1000E, wouldn't buy a realgasket again. Like fighting spaghetti & don't allow any torque on the bolts so they come loose. Gasket starts to leak after 3 or 4 times/off on... you can get that from a stock gasket. If it was silicon sandwiching a metal plate it would be much better.

Just my 2p.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

The third-generation GSes ('83 up 550,700,750, and '84 up 1150) all use the rubber factory gasket with the integral half moons. They are kind of expensive, due to having to go OEM for a source, but they can be used indefinitely without leaking if one is careful with them.
                sigpic

SUZUKI:
                1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Working...
                X