80 GS1100E thinks its a twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 GS1100E thinks its a twin

The motor runs on #1 & #3 cyl which is 2 different coils. #2 & #4 pipes are cold. It has compression, fuel in the float bowls, spark etc. Any idea where to look first? I bought the bike after it sat 9 years, cleaned the carbs, pilot jets, main jets, cleaned the tank. Give me some ideas what to look for please. Even when you rev it up it wont pick them up.

Air, spark, fuel. You have air and spark, so must not have any fuel getting there. Go through the carbs again. Did you remove all the screws and jets and dip them? Test all the tiny passages with spray carb cleaner? Somehow fuel isn't getting from the float bowl to the intake airflow.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

if you are running the bike without an airbox...
      start it up and spray carb cleaner into the #2 and #4 carbs and see if it hits a little.
      if it does than you have some pluged passages and need to follow the correct carb cleaning instructions listed on this site.
      this is givin that you have brand new spark plugs installed.

Comment

Plugs will sometimes fire when checked but not under compression. My 550 did this, new plugs and picked up two more cylinders. Also one of the cheapest items to replace!

Comment

Originally posted by old_chopper View Post
          Plugs will sometimes fire when checked but not under compression. My 550 did this, new plugs and picked up two more cylinders. Also one of the cheapest items to replace!
          I agree here I'd swap which cylinders the plugs are in and see if the cold cylinders move around with the bad spark plugs.

if #1 and #3 stay cold when the plugs are switched it is not the plugs
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Airbox & K&N filter were on. I learned they will barely run without them years back the hard way. Have them off and will go thru them, thanks. Will stick new plugs in too

Comment

Working...
            X