Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the official first year of the GS 1150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the official first year of the GS 1150?

Im looking at a GS 1150, that the title and steering stem verify to be a 1983. I was with the understanding that 1985 was the first year. Could this be a Euro or Japanese bike that made it here? Just wondering.

in the states the 1150ES was the only 1150 model available and the 1st year was 1984.
    there are a handful of titled 1983 1150ES floating around..i have seen one in person.
    in 1985 they came in E and ES models.
    in 1986 they came in the E model only.

Comment

In Canada & Europe, in 83, they were called 1100s but were the same bodywork & look as the 84 & up 1150s. Ray.

Comment

According to Ian Smith Information Motorcycle Report:
        "1984 1150s sold in California were all brought in before Jan. 1 and declared as 1983 models".
        Thieves.....kill them all.

Comment

I'll need to look at the mfg. date of my "86" 1150 "ES" , it is titled as an "86" model
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Ok so a 1983 isnt a rarity afterall. I may still offer a few bucks for it.

Comment

an 83 1150 is very rare..
              i'd say maybe 2% of total production numbers.
              84 was fairing only.
              85 was both.
              86 was non fairing only.
              if someone isnt VERY familier with the 1150's....
              people added and removed the fairings at will.
              the engines was also removed from these bikes and replaced will 1100's and sometimes even 750's..
              buyer's beware.
              if the serial(batch) number on the 1150 engine pad says...
              GSX110
              GSX750
              THEN THE ENGINES HAVE BEEN SWAPPED OUT.
              the engines on an 1150 has a totally diffant set of numbers/letters on the pad besides the clutch cover.
              dont really on it being a black engine or even if it has the correct valve cover design.
              look on the serial number pad.
              i have robbed a large amount of these engines over the years and sold perfectly good/titled rolling chassis's to people all over the united states.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                an 83 1150 is very rare..
                i'd say maybe 2% of total production numbers.
                84 was fairing only.
                85 was both.
                86 was non fairing only.
                if someone isnt VERY familier with the 1150's....
                people added and removed the fairings at will.
                the engines was also removed from these bikes and replaced will 1100's and sometimes even 750's..
                buyer's beware.
                if the serial(batch) number on the 1150 engine pad says...
                GSX110
                GSX750
                THEN THE ENGINES HAVE BEEN SWAPPED OUT.
                the engines on an 1150 has a totally diffant set of numbers/letters on the pad besides the clutch cover.
                dont really on it being a black engine or even if it has the correct valve cover design.
                look on the serial number pad.
                i have robbed a large amount of these engines over the years and sold perfectly good/titled rolling chassis's to people all over the united states.
                Good info all around. Im thinking he will take $500 for it. Hes got a new BMW hes paying for and needs the cash. It runs and fires almost instantly. Smooth reving and shifts very nice. Its a little on the faded side and the tank's paint has seen better days, but all and all, Id say its about ,0001% from being in great shape. No fins broke. No signs of road rash. It looks all stock.

Comment

an 1150 engine for core use only will bring a grand without alot of hassles.
                  if a person has a good running/good appearing with under say 20k documented miles.......
                  that engine can bring as high as 15 hundred when sold as a complete assy.
                  this info is for the (ENGINE) only.
                  i like to buy as cheap as possible but...
                  i have never been able to steal these engines.
                  BUY IT!!!
                  Last edited by blowerbike; 07-27-2009, 12:56 PM. Reason: re tar ded

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
                    Good info all around. Im thinking he will take $500 for it..
                    hammered. with all due respect. i hate you.

sell it to me for 600 and make an INSTANT PROFIT!

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                      hammered. with all due respect. i hate you.

sell it to me for 600 and make an INSTANT PROFIT!
                      Yep, it would already be at my house if it was near me. At $1000 it might already be at my house.

Comment

Well, like Ive said in other posts not pertaining to this one, Im forcefully self employed as of right now. And I suck as an employer, no motivation to pick up more work than needed and in this economy, it isnt easy to find sometimes. I am still debating on how much I love Ramen noodles though.
                        This would be a replacement for the very nice but quickly found to be, underpowered Gs650 Im riding as a daily. Im starting to enjoy twisting the grip a little more than I should/have in the past.

Comment

Working...
                        X