79 Honda CX500C parts on 79 GS425????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 Honda CX500C parts on 79 GS425????

I have a 79 Honda CX500 Custom with a locked engine. I don't plan on repairing it so I was wondering if any of the parts are interchangeable with my 79 GS425. Anybody got a clue? It would be really great if the front brake caliper could be used as my Suzuki needs one. Maybe the speedo too.
    Thanks!

best way to tell is to take it off and see if it fits up.

i'm pretty sure as long as the speedo ca ble end at the speedo is square, they will fit up properly. the ratio i nthe worm gear between the 500 and the 425 could be quite different though, putting your speedo readout off.

Comment

You might be able to take some of the air out of the tires and try re-using it.

I can't remember anyone trying this kind of adaptation before, so I can't say whether anything is easily possible.
      Like seuadr said, though, if you have both of them there, just take it off the Honda, hold it up to the Zuk and see if it fits.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

So as long as the caliper fits on I'm fine? I thought maybe it was fitted for the honda rotor or something like that.

steve - OK I've got most of the air in a jar now, how do I get it in the GS?...I've never done this before.

Comment

no dice. luckily my GS caliper never had a problem and is working great now...don't ask...speedo fastener was stripped to hell on the honda but I'm pretty sure it won't fit up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mwootto View Post
            steve - OK I've got most of the air in a jar now, how do I get it in the GS?...I've never done this before.
            Just use whatever you used to get it into the jar and connect it to the GS tires and put it there.
            But, since you only got most of it, be aware that any fresh air you install might not be compatible with the Honda air, and you might have problems.
            sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X