GS1100EZ Low rpm problems (carbs ?) please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100EZ Low rpm problems (carbs ?) please help

Hello guys. I have done all I can but I still have the same problem. Up to 3 weeks ago this bike ran perfectly and now up to 4000rpm the bike backfires when I release the throttle and at steady RPM it's like it's not getting gas or bad ignition but has soon has I open the throttle it will take it and go fine. When I come back lower then 4000rpm same problem comes back.

I guess it likes to go only fast... seriously driving around town is no fun.

GS1100EZ
    Pods
    Header
    Was jetted and ran great. (up to 3 weeks ago).
    carbs balanced.
    Carbs were dismantled and cleaned yesterday and still same problem.

Sounds like you're running lean on the pilot circuit or you need to bump the jet needles...

Comment

The neddles are at the third position from the top.

Comment

Drop them to the forth positon. You are still lean on transition i would bet. I do believe the DJ instructions SAY to start with the clip third from the top, but i found that the bike staggered just a bit off idle at this position. I ended up moving mine to 3.5 FROM THE BOTTOM. No stagger, runs like a whipped cheetah from idle to redline in 2nd gear with no bad spots. Whack the throttle coming out of first into second, or third into forth and it will lift the wheel very quick. Also, double check your air corrector jet. Thats the big slotted jet in the carb throat. if its bigger than 170 you might need to drop it down to 170 or perhaps even lower. You could try the included DJ air correctors (150) BUT thats likely too small and will richen the pilot too much.

Comment

Working...
        X