Buying progressive shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying progressive shock

I need to buy a new set of shocks for my 79 GS850G. I single ride but the plan is to double with full gear. Progressives sound like the happy medium for around $200 but I can't find a set that is chrome like the OEMs on the bike and I'd like to keep it as stock looking as possible. Anyone have suggestions on the type of shock to buy and where to get a chrome set? I did see a set for sale at Cycle Recycle but they are only $100 and I am guessing you get what you pay for.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Did you check out the 418 series?

They are not chrome, but they are polished and anodized aluminum, so at least they are shiny.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

412 series are shiny too..

It's smoke that make electronic components work.
      Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
      '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
      '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
      '82 GS1000SZ
      '82 GS1100GL
      '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

yes very shinny, but also very expensive. I'm desperately trying to stay under $300.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

These aren't often mentioned in the shock discussions, but they're about $200 and all the feedback I've read has been quite good:

Discover YSS Suspension, Thailand's leading motorcycle suspension brand. Elevate your ride with our innovative products like the PD Valve Fork Emulator and Fork Cartridge Kits. Trusted in over 30 countries, YSS promises unmatched comfort, control, and precision for every journey. Experience the difference today.

Pictures show black springs but they're available in chrome as well and do have a pre-load adjustment for your occasional two up riding. Perhaps BassCliff should replace the RedWings with these on the GS Greeting - particularly since the RedWings are no longer made and not in stock any longer. If I didn't have about 7 other things on the plate to do first as $$$ became available I'd buy a pair for my bike

Comment

I have Hagons, and like them very much. davequinnnmotorcycles.com

Comment

Working...
            X