1150 carbs on 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 carbs on 1100

Can someone tell me if the 1150 carbs wuill work with my 80 GS1100E manifolds & airbox or if I need to run pods & 1150 manifolds. Thanks

Not POSITIVE, but the THINK the front manifolds will work, but the airbox side will need changed to the 36mm boots. AGAIN not positive, you may have to do both sides..

Comment

Just bolted mine on, don't remember having to change anything.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

they will fit tight but they will fit for sure.
        the ones ive done had nice soft rubbery boots front and back.
        lube em up and shove em in/on!

Comment

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Not POSITIVE, but the THINK the front manifolds will work, but the airbox side will need changed to the 36mm boots. AGAIN not positive, you may have to do both sides..
            Josh, once again you are giving BAD info! The carbs are the same on BOTH sides 1100 or 1150! Either set will work on either head or airbox. The APE & K&N part #s are the same for individual air filters for both as are the SUZUKI part #s for the intake manifolds. Ray.

Comment

the intake boots part numbers are superceded.
              the 1150 intake boots are larger from the factory for sure.
              1150 boots are 00A.
              1100 boots are 494 i believe.
              750 boots are 492 i believe.
              either way the parts will interchange with a little lube.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                Josh, once again you are giving BAD info! The carbs are the same on BOTH sides 1100 or 1150! Either set will work on either head or airbox. The APE & K&N part #s are the same for individual air filters for both as are the SUZUKI part #s for the intake manifolds. Ray.
                Ray, Im gonna buy you a dictionary for your birthday. Then maybe you can look up the words POSITIVE, and THINK and then tell ME what they mean... Cause apparently I have confused the definition with something else.

Or, maybe you need a set of reading glasses in your elderly years? Nowhere in my post did I say,

Hey, that simply wont work. You HAVE to use 1150 boots because they are bigger than 1100. I know, because I know everything there is to know. Even more than RapidRay.

I said i wasnt positive. as in not sure. at least when *I* was in school thats what that word meant. Maybe drink a warm glass of milk, calm down, and quit taking every post on here has a personal affront to your years of wisdom and skills.

Comment

but the airbox side will need changed to the 36mm boots. .
                  This is where you were once AGAIN giving bad info. Just to clarify so you MIGHT understand. If you don't know what you are telling people to be true or not, why don't you try doing some research FIRST so you don't continue to give misinformation. Ray.

Comment

if you two keep this up i am gonna pull the car over and come back there i swear!

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
                      if you two keep this up i am gonna pull the car over and come back there i swear!
                      ok i think i pee'd on myself

Comment

The intake boots are different but I got mine to fit just fine in the 1100 boots. A little snug at first but they stretch. (Unlike a stretched chain Josh)
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                          the intake boots part numbers are superceded.
                          the 1150 intake boots are larger from the factory for sure.
                          1150 boots are 00A.
                          1100 boots are 494 i believe.
                          750 boots are 492 i believe.
                          either way the parts will interchange with a little lube.
                          Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                          The intake boots are different but I got mine to fit just fine in the 1100 boots. A little snug at first but they stretch. (Unlike a stretched chain Josh)
                          There ya go Ray, I researched it...

Comment

That's it! I'm pulling over, Right NOW!!!

Eric

Comment

But the real question is.....does this swap get you any extra stomp, or should you go straight to a set of $800 Mikunis?

Comment

Working...
                              X