loosing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loosing power

ok so I was driving down the freeway and my gs750l was rockin and rolling when all of a sudden it started to loose power I pulled off at the nearest exit. happen to be a coffee house. after a cup of joe I sat on the bike and just for the fun of it hit the starter sure enough it fired right up I limped it back home.. it took 2 miles to get to 50 mph. and that was by playing with the throttle. if i hit it to much the bike stalls like the engine is starving for gas.

I took off the gas lines and they are clear so is the fuel filter petcock and everything between the tank and the carbs. after lifting off the tank I noticed this circle thing with 2 hoses coming out of it behind the petcock One hose is hanging loose and the other one is attached to under the bike.

if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some imput.

Thank you

both those hoses should be connected.

One is a vacuum hose, and the other is a fuel hose.

reconnect em and see what happens (unless when removing it you accidentally pulled one off, then you shoudl test your petcock, clean carbs, check jets, and check float height)

the vacuum hose connects to one carb (not sure which on one the 750, i only got a 300)

the fuel line connects to an input, which is T-shaped and sends fuel out to all the carbs ( thats how it is on my bike).

Comment

Hi Mr. sensei32,

Have a look at this article on my website (PDF file):

Fuel Gauge Send Unit Repair

I believe what you are looking at is the fuel gauge send unit underneath the gas tank. It has two black "hoses" connected to it. One "hose" is actually a wire that connects to the fuel gauge. The other is a vent/drain hose that runs down next to the battery in front of the rear tire.

Then have a look at this page on my website:

Where Do These Hoses Go?

This page will explain petcock operation and connections. It also shows pictures of related carburetor fuel and vent hoses.

I've worked very hard to collect pertinent information and pictures regarding our motorcycles and share it on my website. Feed your head.

Always start with the carburetors with these symptoms. Have you followed the proper procedures for cleaning and installing new intake boots and O-rings? For the record, fuel filters can be too restrictive causing fuel starvation. If your tank and carbs are clean there is no need for an inline fuel filter.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2009, 12:21 AM.

Comment

oops. sorry about the misinformation. i thought the hoses were actually on the petcock itself.

Sorry

Comment

Working...
        X