16v 1100 into a 1150ef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16v 1100 into a 1150ef

i seem to have come up with yet another deal on a 1150ef. the owner sold the engine but has a complete chassis he want to horse trade for.
    i didnt have time to get all the details but i am shure it wont cost very much, even less if i have somthing he wants .
    what my questuion is does a 16valve 1100 bolt into a 1150 frame .
    i tried the search feature but they seem to be putting 1150 motors in 1100 chassis .has anyone ever done this swap and are there any problems to look out for .......toolman

this pic is of my current ride ,notice the rear shock resovoir. busa forever
    Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM.

1100 bolts in.
    you have to change the shifter shaft to an 1150 item and use a 1150 sprocket cover.
    if you are using the 1150 trigger plate then you need the 1150 solid/fixed advancer to have a plug and play.
    you also need the oil sending unit from a 83 1100 16v. or one fron a 1150.
    last thing may be the shift indicator that is near the front sprocket if the replacement engine did not have one.
    if using the 1150 oil cooler..
    you will need the banjo's that connect to the block and a 1150 oil filter cover to make it easy..
    there.
    done...

Comment

sounds like you have done this before blowerbike . it all sounds very doable ill have to find a few parts but not too many . one thing is ill have to put another busa shock in it. seems the shock is the reason for the motor being sold seperatly, too bad .
      thanks for the great info, if i run into any snags ill be in touch.
      .....toolman

Comment

Originally posted by toolman View Post
        sounds like you have done this before blowerbike . it all sounds very doable ill have to find a few parts but not too many . one thing is ill have to put another busa shock in it. seems the shock is the reason for the motor being sold seperatly, too bad .
        thanks for the great info, if i run into any snags ill be in touch.
        .....toolman
        welcome

Comment

Working...
        X