Wet riding slick slick slick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet riding slick slick slick

I have Kenda Challengers on my 450 and while dry riding feels fairly stable (as I found on our Hill Country ride is more than fair) but add one ounce of water and I feel like I'm on ice. Is this the tires? I'd like to get new tires for our 450S, if this is the tires I'd like to avoid them - despite their bargain price.

I am probably over-cautious in the wet, but even sampling a little lean I get slipping, or at lest it feels like it is. I have tons of tread left on both front and rear.

Yes, the Kenda's are slick in the wet. That combined with a newbie mistake caused my first crash last year. Luckily, Izzy and I only had minor injurys. They work pretty well in the dry, but be real careful in the wet.

Comment

I have found that Metzlers grip fairly decent in the wet, compared to the Chen shengs I had on before. Bill

Comment

My Dunlop 491 elite 11's seem to do extremely well in wet or dry so far.

just my 2 worth

Comment

I also have Dunlop 491 EliteII. They grip very well in the wet.

Comment

Well then, from now on I'll be looking for different tires. Houston is not a place to be riding year-round with tires not good for wet weather. Its been raining here for about 3 weeks or more now. blech

Thanks for the tire recommendations, I'll see what sizes they offer.

Comment

Thats when the tire spins the best.

Thats when you get the best spin on the back tire. Just crank it and spin. If the back end comes out just ride side ways with the front tire pointed where you want to go, and keep on crankin.

Comment

yeah, I always whack the throttle when I'm crossing white lines at intersections. It's good for the heart.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X