Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on an Old oversize brake kit

Hello all.
    I'm a newbie to the site, but I have been active on other message boards for years, mostly KZ and SOHC Hondas. I have owned a bunch of GS's over the years, just not any recently.
    Any how, I ended up buying an over size brake kit for a 81 GS 750. It has oversize 13 inch brake discs (330mm) and caliper relocation brackets. I have looked all over the 'net and I cant find any info on this kit at all.

Does anyone have any info on the 81 GS 750 big brake kit? The seller also had a CalFab swingarm on auction at the same time(maybe the brakes were a CalFab item also?)
    Thanks for any info,
    Fishhead
    Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM. Reason: just because

Bump.
    Well I finally got the brake kit, and I have still found no information on it. Heres a pic to show what it looks like.
    Fishhead

Comment

looks like std calipers, home-made brackets and some other discs that the seller had available... not sure it would constitute a "kit" per se but larger discs will help...

just make sure those caliper brackets are up to the job

Comment

When I first saw the "kit" I thought the caliper brackets were bent steel, but they are 1/2 thick aluminum. The calipers are the OEM calipers.
        I check the OEM discs on an online web site and it shows the original discs to be the 1 peice discs. It didnt tell me what size the original discs were though.
        Fishhead

Comment

Kosman?

Heres a link to a Yamaha 500 that has a very simular disc (looks like a Kaw Z-1 front end). The owner says it is a Kosman front brake kit.
          Fishhead

http://www.nakedgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136677&sid=bb92997e814b7362093cd8b 4b7800cc5

Comment

Working...
          X