Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flat spot at 4k and popping on overrun

hello people
    just finished cleaning the carbs, cos no 1 was not runnin, sorted that, now she chokes up between 3 and 4 thou, goes like **** through a goose at higher revs .. any ideas ? its a gs 850 g 1979 btw, ta S

My 450 does that every once in a while in 5th and 6th...no popping though.
    I'm lost myself.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Hi,

I used the search feature in the Technical section, typed in "raise needle midrange" and found this. I hope it helps.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

With VM carbs, maybe this is what you need...

A couple more for good measure...

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hello again Mr. simonk,

Please accept my apologies. I did not notice that this was your first post. This entitles you to your very own "mega-welcome". You'll find lots of GS850G lovin' on my website.

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X