screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screws?

ok, done the basics like oil change, and adjusting the chain, but i was looking at the air filter, and the screws are striped to even get into the cover, i drilled them and used a screw remover to remove them, but i'm at a loss as to what to use to replace them, so i just got some metric socket screws

i got what i'm assuming are steel grade, and they have a plain black finish, i'm assuming these are ok, or do i need to go stainless since they are on the physical exterior of the bike, i couldn't find stainless at the local auto parts store or a couple hardware stores, so i'd have to special order those

If you have a Fastenal near you they should have the stainless one you are looking for.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

What bike?

Also, any REAL* hardware store (Ace, DoitBest, etc.) will have these in stainless steel allen heads (socket heads). I love stainless.

(* Hint: Meantards, bLowes, and Home Despot are not real hardware stores.)
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
        If you have a Fastenal near you they should have the stainless one you are looking for.
        All they ever have for me are dumb looks. I have never once succeeded in spending a dime in a Fastenal store, despite many attempts.

Which is sad, because I live about one mile from a Fastenal store and their Indy warehouse is only another three miles away.

But never mind that. I'm sure the one in your neighborhood is wonderful.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

1977 GS750

i use the local stores, a True Value has the biggest selection around here, a whole aisle's worth, but nothing stainless or chrome, i'll try fastenal, maybe i'll have better luck

Comment

Working...
          X