ebay 38mm smooth-bore carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay 38mm smooth-bore carbs

Saw this and thought someone might want a great set of carbs.(depending what they go for)

Gerry

Very nice. I have RS flatslides on my bike and for an easy mod I have to say that the performance gain is huge.

Comment

interesting...very interesting...quit putting this stuff on here for me to see 8O 8)

Comment

Ebay is the devil. I have spent way more money than my bank says I have 8O due to Ebay and Dennis Kirk and other accessory suppliers. I ask that no one ever list a part I want again. That way, I can save money.

Comment

I just keep on trying to think that I don't want to mess around with fitting larger carbs on an original 26mm carb model

Comment

I would love a set - too bad they will be out of my price range. BTW, just sent the barrels out to be bored - got my 1166 kit. Wouldn't you know it though, as soon as I buy the pistons, a set is on ebay. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by saaz
              I just keep on trying to think that I don't want to mess around with fitting larger carbs on an original 26mm carb model
              Don't worry about it mate, they wouldn't fit an early small port head model without major surgery, and without some big cams to get all that extra fuel/air mix in and out. Then you'd have to think about a better ignition and exhaust, etc etc.

If you want a little more efficiency without any major cosmetic changes, fit a set of 28mm carbs off an early GS1000S, that way you can retain your original airbox, cables etc, and they slip straight into your intake boots. I know, I've got a set on my '79 GS750 (also fitted with 26mm carbs as standard)

Comment

Working...
              X