stalling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stalling problem

i have an 82 Suzuki 1100 that no one seems to know the model of, including the papers on it. in any case, does anyone have any clues on what i should do about this? everytime i stop or pull in the clutch, instead of idling, it will die in just a few seconds. i tried setting the idle speed a little higher, then it just idles too high even if it is only a minor adjustment. any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Rozz,

Check the gallery or post some pictures here and we'll be able to identify it. Is it shaft or chain? Is it an 8-valve or 16-valve motor? These bikes run best with properly cleaned and adjusted carbs with NO air leaks in the intake system. There's a ton of info below in my "welcome thang". Note: The blue type is click-able.

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please pay particular attention to the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Ok you'll need to clean/dip the carbs. adjust the valves. there are plenty of other things but i'll leave them for others to share with you. Good to see another gs'er from dayton. I own an 80 1100L
      I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
      1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

lol sorry im new to this, the carbs are Mikuni and were just bought last year, 8 valve, shaft drive. and thank you for everyones help you guys are awesome. ill post a couple pics tomorrow, thank you again

Comment

Did ou buy the carbs or the p.o. When i first got my bike and eveyone suggested cleaning the carbs i'm glad i did cause all the o-rings inside were dry rotted bad. Got them dipped and replaced all the o-rings and got the valves adjusted and now she runs great. What part of dayton are you in? i'm right near the airforce museum.
          I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Hey Rozz are you the guy that I talked to at Barneys.

Your Bike would be an 82 Suzikie GS1100G. unless it has bags and a fairing then it would be a GS1100GK. That is what I have. If you want I can meet you some time to have a look at the bike in person.

Comment

Hi,

So far we know it's a 1981 GS1100GX.

Does it look like this ("GX" model)?

Or does it look like this (the "GL" model)?

Or is it "fully dressed" ("GK" model)?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

yep, i'm the guy from Barney's, thank you so much for telling me about this site, it's awesome, everyone is so helpful and nice and to answer the other question someone had; i bought the bike from a friend that totally re-vamped the whole thing last year, and one of the things he did was buy the Mikuni carbs and replaced the existing. i'm about to figure out how to put up a picture of my bike, wish me luck lol

Comment

try this link. it tells you how to post pics on here.

I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

awesome thank you

Comment

Thats a nice looking bike man. Looks like it has been modified a bit with that seat on there.
                      I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Cool looking bike. I'll have to see it in person some time.

Comment

yeah, switched out the seat, the rear fender is an HD, i'm going to take off the front fender and heat wrap the headers for a harder look to it. i'm thinking of changing out the tank but keep it matt black and add my own design to it instead. thanks for the compliment

Comment

Working...
                          X