bike shuts off after hard stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike shuts off after hard stop

is this a common thing, lets say i'm doin 20 mph and i hit the brakes hard pull the the cluch in and come to a stop (i'm not locking the tire but i'm taking it to the point of almost locking the tire) the bike comes to a stop and so does the engine, it just stuts off. it starts back up no problem but it can be annoying. any ideas why.

81 550, jet kit, 4 into 1, accel coils, k and n pods. the carbs were just cleaned and set.

Ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Two things:

!. Are your floats set correctly? It sounds like they may be set too low allowing the mains to go dry.

2. Is the cluth dragging?

Comment

Mine does it too. Don't know why..... I usually downshift and use engine braking to help slow down and this will keep the revs up enough that it doesn't happen

81 750, jet kit, 4 into 1, accel coils, k & n pods. Is there an echo in here?

Comment

Common

That's a really, really common phenomenon....I don't think it means anything's wrong at all and I've never had a bike that didn't do it. I've had it happen a couple of times in the last month or so.....I wouldn't worry about it and I sure wouldn't change anything because of it. :roll: It might be my imagination but I think it happens more in hot weather...
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
        X