koni shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

koni shocks

I have just got my rear shocky bodies from the chrome platers and was trying to find out what type of oil to use and how much?
    I thought to measure how much came out but i dont know if if that is the right amount.
    They are koni 7610P-1394 for a GS1000
    Cheers

Ah, shedman!!! I see you are asking the eternal question... well, re. shockie rebuilding, anyway.

This is the info. that IKON *should* have up on their website, as I made that very suggestion several years ago. "Good idea," they said, "we like your suggestion so much, you can have a free 1 years' sub. to RoadRider."

So I got 4 issues of RoadRider, which was very nice of them -- but they still never bothered updating the shockie oil volume info. on their website. Typical, innit?!

"So how much oil do you put in the shockies?" you are dying to ask.

Err... I forget. I will have a poke around out in the shed and see if I wrote it down somewhere, though. Stay tuned.

Comment

Cheers mike i always enjoy your lead up to an answer or statement

Comment

Heh, no worries! Still haven't gone to see if I wrote the volume of oil down anywhere...

... but off the top of my head, I can tell you that the viscosity recommended by the IKON crew is 10W fork oil.

But I found that -- in the old Katana at least -- 15W oil is more like it. Mind you, given that I ride the Kat a little more, err, *briskly* than I ever rode the GS1000, I'd say 10W would be fine in the thou.

Cheers,
        Mike.

Comment

Working...
        X