Side Cover compatibility '79 to '80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Cover compatibility '79 to '80?

Need a side cover for my '80 GS850. I see a cover on fleabay for a '79...are they the same?

Look here to find both part numbers, and a pic of each...

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

you can then go here to cross reference the part numbers to see what other years or models use the same part.. Use the "quick parts look up" link

They look the same to me on the parts diagrams, but the part numbers are different??

Good luck!

Jeff (teet)

Comment

They are the same (as well as the '81). The part numbers are different due to different paint and decals from year to year. The '80-'81 GS1000G uses the same body parts as well.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Great, thanks! And thanks Teet, for the reference lists, they'll come in handy!

Comment

No problem! Its nice to have some hands on experience from Griffin as well. Ive found that cross referencing comes in real handy too, especially when dealing with e-bay parts that the seller doesn't know what it fits..

good luck

Jeff (teet)

Comment

Ahh, so you're the one that swooped in and stole my cover at the last minute.

Comment

Working...
            X