I need help identifying this model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help identifying this model...

... or what is left of it. 3 disc brakes, 18" rear cast rim, 19" front cast rim, 16V engine. What year and model? I cannot seem to find the title.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks guys!

Eric

I'd go with a GS(X)750 E and it being either an ET (1980) or and EX(1981) from the shape of the tank and the engine number.

Look like it hard a burn out in the wrong sense of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
      ... or what is left of it. 3 disc brakes, 18" rear cast rim, 19" front cast rim, 16V engine. What year and model? I cannot seem to find the title.

Eric
      Looks like you were lucky to find the bike!

Comment

The PO told me that the Harley guys at the local watering hole set it on fire because it was inferior to their bikes.
        Of course, they were misguidedly incorrect!

Eric

Comment

Choochlist said it ran when parked......minor cosmetic damage, needs a new seat.

Comment

That's an 80 GS750E
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
              The PO told me that the Harley guys at the local watering hole set it on fire because it was inferior to their bikes.
              Of course, they were misguidedly incorrect!

Eric
              If that S#it happened to MY bike the circle-jerking hole in question would be set fire to >{

Comment

So THAT's where I parked my bike!

Comment

The "X" indicates that it is an 1981 model.
                  As to the other bikes, they would be picking pieces of them out of you know where!

Eric

Comment

The "X" indicates that it is an 1981 model.
                    That is not correct, my 1980 also starts off GS75X. To tell for sure look on the frame, the 1981 will have a VIN that starts JS1GR.. the 1980 does not.

Comment

That IS still there, I'll take a pic tomorrow.
                      The tag, was burned off.

Eric

Comment

What are you planning on doing with it?

If you are planning on trying to get it running again, it would be much less expensive to buy another bike.

Comment

If you bring that POS to the rally, you are sure to win Ugliest Bike award.

Comment

Steering-head stamping:

[IMG][/IMG]

Does this help narrow down the year?

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

Not to be a jerk but why do you care what year it is?
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X