Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750/1100 upgrade??????????

Hi All,

My 1980 gs750et runs great! You all helped me to get it there! Thanks!
    I've been running 6-7k and it pulls but i think i would like to increase the cc's.

I know my model year was a 750 and an 1100. Can i get jugs, rings and pistons to upsize my motor? Also, i runn bs32 carbs and the 1100 runs 34's. Can you rejet the 32's to do closr to stock 34's with rejetting?

Is it mega bucks to do? If so, will keep it stock.

All suggestions welcome.

thx, kurtj

I am gunna watch this thread, I have been wondering the samething, and have done alittle searching.

I am wanting a reason to blow up, or change my engine......750 getting alittle boring now, and I am runnning it to the board more often to cure my need for speed

Duro

Comment

Your better option is to find an 1100 motor and put it in that frame. The 1100 motor was a FAR FAR superior design IMO. Roller bearing crank,(your 750 is plain bearing) if you can get a hold of an 83 model, it was pin welded, super strong. Low pressure oiling system, TSCC head, the 83 1100 cams were super hot for a stock set up...(i think i was told they are around a 293 grind? something like that...) Crap load of torque, AWESOME top end rush, and just as bulletproof as the old 8v GS motors... the best part? With the right, readily available frame mounts, it will fit RIGHT IN your 750 frame (the 80-82 750 and 1100 shared the frame, with some differences between the two) Get a motor and a set of carbs....Im not even sure its possible to swap the heads and jugs anyway...

Comment

The heads WILL swap but the airflow is all wrong for a 750 cc motor. The blocks will swap because the bore & stud spacing is the same but WON'T work because the stroke is different. Just put an 1100 motor in your frame. Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X