Low speed headshake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low speed headshake

Annoying little problem is cropping up on the 750E... at parking lot speeds in sharp turns (meaning, bars slammed all the way over to either side), the front end gets very squirelly. At speed, it's rock steady. Time to adjust the head bearing, mayhap?

It may be time for a new tire. If it is cupped it can cause strange problems
    CHeck the steering stem brgs and the wheel brgs for looseness

Comment

Bearings are fine, I went over them on Sunday when I had the wheel off. I haven't seen any unusual wear on the front tire.

Comment

First thing to do is check tire pressure. This is the most likely, and easiest-solved, problem.

For a fork check, put the bike on the centrestand and have someone hold the back end down, and keep it steady.

Grab the front wheel and see if you get any play.

Grab the forks and try to move them back and forth. Do this with the steering turned to various angles, from straight ahead until full lock, in both directions.

Make sure you also try to move them up and down.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

First thing to do is check tire pressure. This is the most likely, and easiest-solved, problem.

It was 30 front and rear. Pardon me whilst I rubber-chicken myself. :roll:

Comment

Working...
          X