Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gs 450, Front Brake isn't setting off brake light til its too late.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 450, Front Brake isn't setting off brake light til its too late.

My back brake works fine, when you tap it the brake light goes off instantly. But when i press the front brake handle my brake light will not go on. It will eventually if I squeeze the heck out of it, but by that time my bikes been stopped and it doesnt matter. How do you adjust this so I can make the front brake handle more sensitive. When I am stopped I like to hold the front brake so i can have my feet on the ground, dont like having one foot up so teh cars behind me can see my brake light at night. Any help would be appreciated

Common issue. The design is prone to wear. In fact, I need to take care of it myself, thanks for the reminder. As so frequently happens, the answer can be found off of BassCliff's website:

You can find the part here:

"Replaces OEM# 57460-45500". It's also possible to swap the clutch and brake switches to get one for free Only the part with the two rails and wires usually needs to be replaced.

Some people ditch the OEM design and get a pressure-sensitive banjo bolt.

Comment

You can take the switch apart, clean the contacts and readjust it so it comes on when you want it. Be ready to catch tiny pieces.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Even with new switch bits, you might need to file the mounting slots a bit to get the switch adjusted correctly.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X