!! HELP !! I have Tech Question On 82 GS1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!! HELP !! I have Tech Question On 82 GS1100G

ok not sure how to explan my problem so ill start with what i have done i tore apart my carbs new o-rings deep carbs new pitlot jets new main jets same size new intakes new filter ran great for few weeks tore aprt recleaned no help when start the bike it pops back fires like out of time guy that built motor 3 years ago i dont know how many miles are on it so im looking for some kinda clues as of what could be the problem.

Please HELP

Originally posted by TheHemster View Post
    ok not sure how to explan my problem so ill start with what i have done i tore apart my carbs new o-rings deep carbs new pitlot jets new main jets same size new intakes new filter ran great for few weeks tore aprt recleaned no help when start the bike it pops back fires like out of time guy that built motor 3 years ago i dont know how many miles are on it so im looking for some kinda clues as of what could be the problem.

Please HELP
    When was the last time the valves were adjusted? After 3 years I would look at that.

Comment

Were Can i get set of shimms at cheap to do this

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Were Can i get set of shimms at cheap to do this
          Here I guess is a good place to start, everyone here who had to replace then at one point and hopfully they havn't traded them or tossed them. I have a 16 valve head and its screw and locknut or I would have some.

Or you can order shim sets from K&L, Hotcams... Ect.

Pop the cover and write down the clearances and see if they need to be adjusted. Maybe the cam tensioner needs adjustment, cam chain streached? Check timing and see if everything there is lined up as your pick-up could have moved?

But your bike backfiring shouldn't have anything to do with your carbs.

Comment

Please HELP
            So many issues in that ONE sentence, but let's try to address them:
            new o-rings - good, especially if you got the complete kit from cycleorings.com
            deep carbs - no clue what you mean here
            new pitlot jets - why the new jets?
            new main jets same size - again, if they are the same size, why new jets? If they came as part of a carb rebuild kit, quality may be less than good.
            new intakes - "intakes" what? Intake valves, intake boots, intake o-rings? No clue here.
            new filter - air filter or oil filter?
            ran great for few weeks tore aprt - if it ran great, why did you take it apart?
            recleaned no help - what did you reclean?
            when start the bike it pops back fires like out of time - could be carb mixture, ignition timing or valve adjustment
            guy that built motor 3 years ago - ???
            i dont know how many miles are on it so im looking for some kinda clues as of what could be the problem. - Odometer does not work, either?

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X