78 GS750 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS750 issues

My problem started out a few months ago, I fired my bike up and it wasnt running quite right, if I shifted into second gear it bogged down. I kept it in 1st gear and its top speed was around 25 mph. Now it has quit getting gas(I guess) if i spray starting fluid into th carbs it fires up but runs like crap. Does anyone know what the issue would be?

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. OnebadGL,

Is there an inline fuel filter on your bike? There's no need for one if the tank and carbs are clean. The petcock could be failing. But the first suspect is the usually the carbs; dirty carbs, bad intake boots and O-rings. Sometimes there is no magic bullet and you just have to fix everything right so that you can start from a troubleshooting baseline. Here is a hearty welcome with lots of information to help you get started.

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

honestly, i haven't dug in enough to even know if it has an inline fuel filter, I did have the carbs rebuilt and it ran great for about a week

Comment

Hi,

If you took it to a shop, I hate to say it, but the carbs were probably not rebuilt properly. The proper procedure is in your mega-welcome.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X