air box/carb boots?? gs550 1978

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air box/carb boots?? gs550 1978

I'm looking for the boots from the air intake to the carbs and I can not find them on the 77-79 diagrams but they are in the 80-82. I noticed that most of the parts on the air box are different numbers but will the boots work

80-82 part number 13882-47030 outside, 13881-47030 inside.

Link to bikebandit diagram with part on the 1980 http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-mot...?q=13882-47030

Link to bikebandit diagram for the 1978 air box http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-mot...c-1978/o/m6067

Any help would be great, I tried using radiator hose instead and that was a disaster.

Hi Mr. spaceman,

Very weird. They're not even numbered in the parts fiches. But I guess you knew that.

So I'll let the 550 experts chime in and I'll just just give you a big "Hey, Howdy, Hey!"...

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

They'll be boots to fit VM22s... And very likely not available anymore thru Suzuki. You might get lucky tho.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        They'll be boots to fit VM22s... And very likely not available anymore thru Suzuki. You might get lucky tho.
        Josh I think they never were available. I have a '77 parts book for the 550 and 750 and the boots are not numbered, nor is the large plastic plenum chamber they fit into. So it looks like they were never available.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
          Hi spaceman! Welcome to the group!

Your carbs have the smaller diameter air filter side, right? I recently picked up an airbox with boots for my cousin's 81 GS550L but the boots are too small.

They are in good shape. Take a peek at the diagrams and confirm you need the smaller boots.

If so, send me a pm. I'll be here a few hours in the am tomorrow, then will be out of town and away from computers until Monday.

- JC
          SPACEMAN where are you from. Take GS1100GK up on his offer. he says his rubber boots are in good condition. Take some measurements and talk to him.

Attached is a pic of the '80 model plenum chamber on the left and the '77 model on the right. If you look at the bottom two boots the comparison in size difference can be seen.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

thanks everyone for the help and thanks for the offer GS1100GK. I found a NOS air box for pretty cheap so I ordered the whole setup.

Comment

Working...
            X