cylinder order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cylinder order?

Hi. I have an 82 GS650G. I took the coils off to replace the wires. I forgot the order the wires go back. What I would like to know is the cylinder order from left to right and if both wires from one coil go on the same side cylinders. i.e. I noticed that the wires are marked 1-3 and 2-4 on one coil and it seems that when I took them off they had the wires on each coil reaching both sides of the engine. Does it even make a diference? Thanks and sorry this was long.

Ed

Left to right is 1, 2 , 3, 4. The left coil is for 1 & 4 and the right coil is for 2 & 3.

Comment

Yours sound like it had the same tags mine did. They're not correct. The coils should be hooked up like Billy says, one coil feeds the 2 outside cylinders, and the other feed the inside.
      There should be another tag with with a letter before each set (W1-4, B/Y 2-3). That's for the color wire that is connected to the (-) terminal on the coil. The white wire feeds the coil for the 1 and 4 cylinder, and the Black w/Yellow trace wire feeds the 2&3 cylinders. (The pink/white wire is the same for both, and connects to the (+) terminal). You might also find that the spark plug boots themsleves are longer on one set of leads than they are on the other. The longer boots are for the 2&3 cylinder, normally.

Comment

Thank you guys very much. Your posts were most helpful.
        Ed

Comment

Working...
        X