Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100g vs 1983 gs1100gk

Hi!

Does the 82 GS1100G share the same engine as the 83 GS1100GK?

I ask this because I have part of an 83 GS1100GK with a good engine and there is a good 82 GS1100G with a bad engine is available in my area.

If these are the same, this could be a relatively easy fix.

Thanks!
    2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
    1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
    2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
    s)

The two engines are practically identical. You could readily make one bike out of two.

Comment

The 'G' is basically just a bag-less/fairing-less version of the 'GK'. Note however the 'GK's forks/triple tree are different, as is the exhaust.

Comment

how much work is it to put an 1100 motor into an 83 GS550e? I would be willing to take that bad motor off your hands if it will work... lol

PS: Sorry to hijack.

Comment

Originally posted by klarowe View Post
          how much work is it to put an 1100 motor into an 83 GS550e? I would be willing to take that bad motor off your hands if it will work... lol

PS: Sorry to hijack.
          Dude...

It's a bloody enormous shaftie engine. Let's just say the engineering difficulties involved in adapting it to a small chain drive bike would be... substantial. And wrong. Just wrong.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

ouch... im a dumbass. lol. I did not realize that the 1100s were all shaft driven. I am going to go throw myself off a cliff now.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by klarowe View Post
              ouch... im a dumbass. lol. I did not realize that the 1100s were all shaft driven. I am going to go throw myself off a cliff now.. lol
              Cliff's got a bum knee just now, so I'm gonna have to shoot that idea down too.

Not all the 1100s are shafties. Anything with a G after the displacement is. 1100G 1100 GK 850GL 650G, etc.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks guys!
                Looks like I'll be shopping again.
                2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                s)

Comment

If the GK has a nice looking exhaust and the baffles are good and you are not going to use, I'm looking.

Comment

Working...
                  X