'83 1100ED With New Progressive Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 1100ED With New Progressive Springs

WOW what a difference! I completed the change over last night on my '83 1100. I installed the new Leak Proof Moly Seals and swapped out the old springs for new Progressives. Even on a 3 minute putt around the neighborhood at 10:30 pm I could tell a world of difference. The front feels so solid! Can't wait to get it out on the road.

Thanks for the advice on whoever came up with the 1/2" threaded rod with the double nuts on either end. That worked like a champ. The allen bolt on the bottom of the leg came right out with witht the use of that improvised tool.

Two casualties from the repair. For some reason the speedo cable did not go back into the hub the same and I bent it because it's to close to the brake caliper??? So I'll have to figure that one out. Also, If you're going to do this mod, be very careful with the re-installtion of the top caps. Aluminum threads will cross quite easily when not engaged perfectly in the steel fork tubes. Bikebandit will take $35 for a new one.

Thanks to all of those who posted previously. I searched the forums and got all the answers I needed. The job was easier than I thought it would be.

'83 GS1100E - A love/hate relationship
    U will learn to love it

Comment

Hi Mr. Indy3,

Thank you so much for sharing your success story!

<Sniff!> I just love happy endings.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

where bouts does a fella get a pair of sum of them fancy progressive springs? i have an 82 850g

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
          where bouts does a fella get a pair of sum of them fancy progressive springs? i have an 82 850g
          All is explained in the magical, mystical mega-welcome!

Most of the major online vendors sell them. Shop around for the best price. I got mine at www.mawonline.com. Seems like you can also get them at BikeBandit, Dennis Kirk, J.C. Whitney, etc. You'll want Progressive part# 11-1107.

Thank you for your induglence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            All is explained in the magical, mystical mega-welcome!

Most of the major online vendors sell them. Shop around for the best price. I got mine at www.mawonline.com. Seems like you can also get them at BikeBandit, Dennis Kirk, J.C. Whitney, etc. You'll want Progressive part# 11-1107.

Thank you for your induglence,

BassCliff
            hi basscliff i looked on mawonline and the only part i found for my 850 the part number i found was for a yamaha xs850 80 - 81 is that correct since i have a suzuki 850?

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...h&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Comment

thank you pos that was perfect!

Comment

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

Last edited by posplayr; 08-15-2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X