• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RR question

I have a Honda RR from an 86 VF 700 8 wires .shinigan sh541-12
    3 yellow -go to stator
    2 green - ground -go to battery neg -can be run together
    2 red -positive -go (through fuse) to battery positive -can be run together
    1 black- sense wire -go to switched positive (taillight)

OK have I got this stuff right do not want to kill my new stator through bad connections.

Hi

Electrically that plan will work. I think I have mine wired that way right now. But I was thinking...

I suppose you could split the green and red wires. Put one green wire on your negative battery terminal and the other to a good, clean frame ground. Put one red wire back into the harness hot wire (yes, ending up at the fusebox) and attach the other red wire directly to the positive terminal of the battery, also through a 20a fuse.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank you all wired up (had to ad wires were old harness had been cut)and ready to assemble in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi

Electrically that plan will work. I think I have mine wired that way right now. But I was thinking...

I suppose you could split the green and red wires. Put one green wire on your negative battery terminal and the other to a good, clean frame ground. Put one red wire back into the harness hot wire (yes, ending up at the fusebox) and attach the other red wire directly to the positive terminal of the battery, also through a 20a fuse.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Thats the way I did mine and it seemed to work great.

Comment

on the 79 i have the 3 yellows to the stator, the 2 reds to the (+) on the battery via an inline fuse, 1 green to the (-) on the battery, 1 green grounded to the frame, and the 1 black sense wire to a relay switch. I was getting too much of a voltage drop when hooked up to my taillight and the r/r vdc would ramp up beyond 15.5 vdc. It's all good now (14.43 vdc) thanks to Lucabond. I know most connect the black to the taillight, not the brake light.

I've attached the show chrome voltmeter and it reads okay, 13.8, 13.9 at 4k rpms. There is a drop somewhere there but when i test the vdc with my voltmeter it reads 14.4 vdc. So i just make sure my readings don't go up by .6 volts or down by 2volts. Still testing the voltmeter on the bike for accuracy.
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Working...
          X